Thursday, February 7, 2013

It doesn't take much...

to entertain old ladies.

This morning while in the process of feeding CC I noticed a vehicle on the street that looked a lot like my neighbor's, and I was curious why it was sitting there, because I can see her driveway down the side street where she lives, and since it did not appear they were having a crisis (there were no firetrucks or ambulances  to be seen) my curiosity was certainly aroused why she was parked there.  So, I call Frankie to come have a look-see for herself.  She notices her husband's truck is parked on the street as well.

Hmmm.

Suddenly, a rather large truck, turns down my neighbors street...our curiosity intensifies.  We watch enthralled.  We can see the truck backing into their driveway.  What the heck?  Moments later, the truck comes back up our street.  It appears to Ms. Nosey Butt and myself nothing has happened.

The truck appears as though it is leaving.  Wait, curiously, it turning so it is headed toward the dead end of the street.

On the back of the flat bed is a container, on the side it has the name of a national known company that supplies storage containers you fill at your leisure, that then get picked up and is stored...well, frankly...I don't know...where.  Anyway, we watch in awe as the driver pulls up, stops across the street from our house, and through magic and noisy wonder... with levers and hydraulics, he preceded to remove the storage container and the frame supporting it from the flat bed.  It was amazing...I wish you could have been here.  We're thinking, oh, my gosh...it that going to sit THERE.  Oh, my, what will bird lady think?  She will not be happy.

The truck went out of sight up the street, but quickly returned, went slightly around the corner at the intersection, and stopped.  The driver then once again set the 'noisy wonder' with lever and hydraulics, back into motion, turning it completely around.  I'm telling you...Frankie and I were beside ourselves, this was great entertainment.

Oh, boy, who should happen to show up...bird lady, husband and doggy...Frankie and I look at each other with UH-OH written all over our faces.  Of course, our imaginations run amok.  She speaks to the driver, and he points in the direction of my friend's home...she, husband and doggy, turn and begin to walk my neighbor's direction.  Surely she is not going to make a 'stink'.

Back to watching the driver, he backs the truck, and with 'noisy wonder', levers and hydraulics, he reloads the container and frame onto the flat bed then hops into the driver's seat.  Frankie and I rush to a new observation window, we have got to see what is going to happen next.

The driver goes down my neighbor's street, and we can see him back into their driveway.  We reach the conclusion, that the storage container door must have been a problem, and had been facing the wrong direction first time the driver wanted to unload it, so he had to jerry-rig things around a bit. I got to tell you, there's a lot of skill involved in moving these containers around.

Anyway, things went well, and within minutes, the truck is gone, without the container, bird-lady is nowhere in sight, and the neighborhood seems to be back to normal.

Fast forward an hour.

Frankie and I hear the sound of a truck.  Surely my neighbor has not loaded her container THAT quickly ...we rush to the front window.  Yep, there's a truck alright.  And, what's on it...a storage container...different company...but a container none-the-less; has my neighbor rented two?

Again, there is a bit of maneuvering going on, this truck is apparently going the wrong direction, and he has to turn around and back out our dead end street, it disappeared out of sight so we have no idea where this container was dropped, we are curious, but not so much we're willing to go out in the cold to explore.

Now, and this is sad...as I said.. it does not take much to entertain two old ladies when we get so 'all atwitter' at such activity on our street, me thinks, we have got to get a life!


No comments:

Post a Comment