Thursday, February 7, 2013

Thank you, thank you, thank you

This Blog is for you, all of you who have become faithful readers.  You are my inspiration.  If it were not for you, there would be no reason for me to be typing words here almost every day.

As you know, I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer and mostly I'm a day late and a pound short kind of gal, so it was only recently I discovered there is a 'stats' page here in this Blog program.  I was intrigued by this discovery, and honored to see I have readers round the world.  I had no idea!  I was, as 'they' used to say, 'blown away'.  I have to admit, I got more puffed up than a ruffled grouse or better yet, a peacock.  I knew I had followers here in America, family and friends, but had not clue there were readers in such far flung places. I have a hard time believing I have readers in Germany, Canada, South Korea, England, and occasionally ones from Malaysia, South Africa, Japan and Thailand.

Every writer likes to feel their words are touching somebody, and when I first started writing Ramblings of an Old Woman, it was mostly for me, to get my feelings on paper (so to speak), jotting down the everyday, sometimes mundane events of my daily activities.  Sometimes I did this with a touch of whimsy, humor and even melancholy.

Crazy as it now seems, my little Ramblings seemed to take life.  Frankie joined in.  Then came Things They Never Tell You, occasionally I would Ramble about research I had done, or Zorro and CC (Crystal Champagne) would the day's topic.  Every Blog has at least one grain of truth, although some are full of hyperbole, simply because I can.  And, I have to confess, my Ramblings about my secret love at Christmas...well, good times, good times.

For, it was just Christmas time that I discovered you, my little Blog family.  I was so delighted I could barely contain myself.   It was the best present I ever got...in my whole life...you made me not just a writer...I became an author.  Do you have any idea what a big deal that is?  Trust me, for a writer to suddenly discover they are being 'read', makes that writer an author and that is a very, very big deal.

So, I just want you to know, whoever you are, where ever you are, I, Frankie, Zorro and CC thank you.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Take good care of yourselves, remember, it's a jungle out there...I don't want to lose you.


No comments:

Post a Comment