Thursday, August 30, 2012

Booo!

So...I'm standing at the kitchen counter, a jar of Hazelnut coffee creamer in one hand, and Mocha in the other, the ecru crystals slowly dissolving into the hot black liquid.  My mind a be-jillion miles away.

Frankie:  "Do you have any idea how bad that stuff is for you?"

I have to jump high to grab my skin and retrieve it .  Where the heck did she come from?

Me:  "Don't care."
Frankie:  "Science is probably on the way to prove those crystals are nothing but cancer causing garbage, and every morning you're heaping that stuff in your coffee."
Me:  "Again, don't care."

She's been in a dither over this coffee creamer thing ever since I've also started pouring it into my occasional evening soft drink.  Honestly, I don't do this to upset her, (well maybe a little) but because I like it.  I don't do drugs, I don't drink, I don't smoke.

Me:  "Surely I'm entitled to one tiny vice."

Frankie:  "Grrrrr!"

The sound comes from deep within her throat, and frankly, Frankie, kind of scared me.  I stop stirring my concoction for a second, maybe is should dump this down the drain.

Wait a minute...who's in charge here?  Me, or my delightful alter ego.  I love her dearly, and obviously she has a great deal more sense than I, so for that one second I really did contemplate dumping that coffee down the drain.  Then I continue stirring.

Me:  "Growl all you want, still don't care."  I tapped the spoon against the side of the mug just to aggravate her more.

Frankie sighs, turns, and leaves the room.

I finish making my coffee, let the dog out...and in...then head for my office.

There I find Frankie, her back is to me; she's playing with my Spellbinder...dang it...she knows I need to use it today.  She turns, grinning ear to ear.

Frankie:  "You've got your little vice, I've got mine."
Me:  "Grrrrrr!"


No comments:

Post a Comment