Sunday, August 12, 2012

So...

...it's been quite a week.

Much has been happening, I'm in the process of completing a good sized card order, trying to get permanent cards made for every picture in the catalog so I can more quickly fill orders, and contemplating a web-site I hope to have operational by the first of the year.  Am I nuts?  Am I to old for all of this?

Plus, I have daily stuff going on and that takes up quite a bit of my time as well.  Some nights I'm still happily sitting at my computer at 2 AM.  Time flies when you are having fun.  I've no time for unexplained ailments.

I can see how easy it is for Seniors to become hypochondriacal, and can now understand why a doctor will simply supply a new pill for the ailment and send the patient home.  I came up with an unknown ailment myself this week.  I've been feeling that I might have a fever and feel, hot, hot, hot.  Is it the weather?  So this morning I thought it was probably time to take my temperature.  (After all today is the family picnic and I don't want to spread germs around.)

I whip out my thermometer, it comes to life and I shove it under my tongue.  Pretty soon it beeps and I check out the digital numbers.  98.6.  Hmmm.

I'm pondering aloud what this new ailment could be, when Frankie takes her nose out of our newest magazine and asks, "When was the last time you took your hormone pills?"

Me:  "I don't remember."
Frankie: So?????????
Me:  "Well, damn."

I race to the draw holding the two bottle with the miracle cure, withdraw the tiny white and orange pills and down them with a few gulps of water.

It is so easy when you know you are in inches of the 'Great Donation', to imagine every tiny ache, pain, unusual anomaly to be the incident that actually takes you there.  Holding it at bay is, frankly, not easy sometimes.

I'm blessed to have Frankie, my voice of reason, this morning she truly did talk me off the edge.

We both are still chuckling over the simplistic answer to my new hypochondriacal ailment.

Have a good day folks, I'm off to a picnic.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment