Sunday, August 5, 2012

I just remembered...

one of the conversations we had at lunch last week.

One of the girl's asked how old I was going to be and when I told her she was amazed I have so few facial (as compared to the rest of my wilting body) wrinkles.  What did I use to keep them at bay.  I mentioned St Ives Apricot Scrub.  I've been using it for years, and love it, those little apricot granules are sooo invigorating.  I can feel the dead skin cells float away.

However, the conversation changed again, so I didn't get to go into my whole routine...you however are not as luck, my friend.  Frankie is always telling me that Vanity's name is 'Sandra' and I can say she is absolutely right.

First, I try to never...ever...be without make-up.  Really, 24-7, ladies, 24-7.  The only time it comes off is when I shower or bathe.  First I use tissues to take off as much of the old make-up as I can.  Then, I use an astringent to remove the rest and cleanse the skin. It's called Sea Breeze and I've been using this particular brand since I was a teenager, it was great for keeping pimples away.  

Then I step into the shower, this is where the apricot scrub comes in.  It is so refreshing.  By the way,  I never use cake soap of any kind on my face or body.  And the liquid body soap I do use is St Ives Creamy Vanilla.  Smells delicious.

After this, I head to my vanity table and pull out a mixture of tubes, jars, bottles, etc.  Not everything I use is St Ives, because over the years I've learned what's best of me, so I share my wealth with various companies.  Such as, Cody, Maybelline, CoverGirl, Wet n' Wild, but start my routine with Neutrogena Firming Cream.  DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NO ALLOW THIS STUFF TO GET INTO YOUR EYES.  I did (once) it caused burning of the eyes, tearing, and a runny nose that challenged the water flowing over Niagara Falls.  I had blurry vision for about 20 minutes.

Anyway...things gradually progress, Foundation, airspun, loose powder, eyebrow pencil, eyeliner pencil, another dose of loose powder, eye shadow (some with sparkles...I do love sparklies), mascara and finally a blush I blend myself.  Whew, you tired?

You might be wondering how long this takes...ladies...take a seat...cause, it does take a while. I am a constant course of amusement to Frankie, who prefers the 'natural' look.  I tell her listen up...laugh long and loud if you want...as long as I can make out my face in the magnifying side of my mirror I'm going to keep up my vanity ritual.

Wrinkles, wrinkles stay away,
Van-i-ty keeps you at bay.

So there.

No comments:

Post a Comment