Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Chapter 3, Selling House.

Okay, I have to admit, today I'm kind of weepy.  It's been a hectic two weeks.  I've been working on orders, meeting with my Realtor, making small changes to the place hoping to make it more salable, cleaning up the yard, and oh, did I mention working on orders.

Don't get my wrong, I am having a wonderful, learning, exciting adventure except this morning, for some reason, I feel at the edge of tears.  I guess it is a little bit relief, a little bit acceptance, and a lot of fright.  After all, I'm no spring chicken any more, and I've lived here for 38 years, I suppose it should not be surprising my body would finally say,  "Hey, old lady, slow down, what the heck are you doing going down the freeway at a hundred miles an hour."

I think what I'm feeling today is the sweet pleasure that the scariest part of this adventure is over, and that a  new chapter starts today.  This is now all in the hands of destiny, I have built it...I have to hope they 'will' come.  The house is already on the net, with pictures inside and out, the sign goes up later this week, hopefully by Friday, and I have my disclosure statement filled and ready to return to Doug.  Whew, no wonder moisture lurks just behind my eye lids.

So, I think I will allow myself to feel the way I do today, get it out of my system...and move on.  Like the little song goes,  "Que sera, sera;  Whatever will be, will be;  The future's not ours to see;  que sera, sera;
WHAT WILL BE WILL BE.

No comments:

Post a Comment