Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Oh my,

I awoke this morning and felt a panic attack coming...man, I hate that.  I can't breathe, and the harder I try to fill my lungs, the harder it becomes.

My first thought is to simply lie in bed and 'wallow', I don't even know about what, but I figure what the heck maybe I'll let this attack will push me over the edge, but thinking about what's over the edge is more scary than the moment I'm in; so, I take as deep a breath as I can muster.  Zorro feels me stir, and is immediately, and literally in my face.
 
Ah ha, a reason to get out of bed.  Soon CC is there as well.  Another reason for me to put my feet on the floor.  I tell myself to think about something, anything to take my mind off myself and on to something constructive and up-lifting.  Work is good.  So I begin my daily routine.  I think today that is going to be a struggle.  But, I refuse to let this, this, disabling condition control my life.

So, I'm up, the creatures have been fed, I have a cup of coffee, I'm at my computer and about to start work.  Life is good, life is good, life is good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment