Sunday, May 20, 2012

Bad Sandra, bad Sandra

I'm coming to believe I'm a menace at the computer any time after, oh, I don't know, maybe 10PM.  Stuff happens...weird, crazy stuff.  I somehow press wrong keys, that takes me to places I don't want to be.

As a result, I'm forced to change passwords, find home pages that have mysteriously disappeared from my bookmarks list, and put up with messages that say 'this site is not longer available'...yes, it was, I was just there two minutes ago.

I'm ready to scream.  Didn't I go through this just a few weeks ago?  Why yes, yes I did.

I've rebuilt my bookmarks page from scratch, but can't remember what all was on it, and I know some favorites are missing.  I guess I will have to wait until the next time I want to use the missing ones and add them to my new list at that time.  What a bummer.

This morning it was my e-mail that gave me fits.  Last night my provider told me my 'old password' had expired and I needed to set up a new one.  Really?  The old one worked just fine a minute ago.  But, I thought, okay, it's been a couple of years since I changed the password so I suppose it is time for a new one.  I went through the rig-a-ramole of setting one up and went to bed thinking all was right in my world.

I was sooo wrong.  I could not get into my e-mail provider this morning to save my soul.  Somehow my computer worked overtime (after I went to bed, and the computer was off) to tell me this morning my provider was now Yahoo.com.  But not to worry, my address book was the same, I had one new message and to view it all I had to do was provide them with my password.  OMG, Yahoo is not my e-mail provider, and I do not, I repeat, I do not have, or want a password.

Should I laugh?  Should I cry?  Or, should I start to pull my hair out?

I decide to laugh, what a comedy of errors.  Come on!  With a tremendous amount of patience...I set about clicking this, Googling that, trying to find the 'new site' and 'new password' for my regular e-mail provider I had set up last night.  I finally found it, and hurriedly clicked it to my bookmarks list, and prayed for the best.  It took me a while to get brave enough to close out my e-mail so I could check to see if my 'new' bookmarks list actually had my provider there.  Whew...it did.

So, (with very little patience left, and my sanity pretty much gone) I think I'm back to where I want to be on the Internet again...I just wish I would no longer be inspired to work on the computer after 10PM... ...unfortunately I know that's not going to happen.

Stay tuned, folks, knowing me as well as I do things can only get worse.



No comments:

Post a Comment