Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Something's afoot

Hummm, I wish I knew what the heck is going on. Something is afoot.

Frankie has been unusually, quite for about a week now, there's been no 'put downs', harassing, or nagging.  Let's face it, that is NOT Frankie.  She has always, always, ALWAYS had something to say about EVERYTHING.  Instead, she has been going around 'humming (can you believe that?), not complaining about peanut butter crackers, and even stays out of the office from eight til noon.  Ladies and gentlemen...this has me in a tizzy, what IS she up to.

I'd love to ask...but I'm afraid of what she might say...or...do.  I know she's contemplating something, and the anticipation of what it might be has me at the point of wanting to jump out of my skin.  It's gotten to the point I'm afraid of my own shadow...(Which, by the way, I have been fortunate to see on a regular and frequent basis these days.)  I think I can handle anything she can throw at me, I hope...just get it over with...ahhhhhh.

But there is one thing I, with absolute certainty, could not handle, and that is that she would leave me and our little family.  She has brought joy, excitement, fun, and pleasure to us, and her going would leave a void that we would have a difficult time filling.  So, I've got to find out what's going on in thecomplicated wiring of her unique brain...even though that's a scary thought.

I'm remembering when Kabooa left, Bonnie's imaginary monster, he never said he was going, left no note, and didn't even say good bye.  When I asked where he was, Bonnie simply said, "Oh, he went home."  We never spoke of his leaving again. After years of setting a place for him at the table, giving he bowls of noodle soup, telling him good night he simply, wordlessly left.  I don't want Frankie to do that.  I'll DO whatever it TAKES to make her stay.

Shhhhh.  She just walked by the doorway...I don't want her coming in the office and reading this.

Wish me luck...that what ever it is, I have to get to the bottom of it.  What is it they say...'face your fears'?  (insert sigh here.) I'm hoping this is nothing worse than her jumping out of a closet, causing me to pee my pants a little.  I'm gonna' do it...face the fear...as soon...as I get the courage.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment