Sunday, May 6, 2012

Take, get, go and have

Well, missy is in rare form this morning.  Frankie has been busy catching up on magazines that I in a moment of weakness I subscribed to, and have no time to read, thank you Frankie for your interest.  Her reading gave me time to finish up some work I didn't get done yesterday without interruption..

When I was through I went to the living-room and announced, "I'm going to take a shower."

Frankie:  (Be-mused,  looking up from her magazine) "Where are you going to 'take' it?"
Me:  "Oh, I guess, I mean I'm going to get a shower."
Frankie:  "Where are you going to 'get' it?  Is it on sale at the mall?"
Me:  "Geeze, Frankie.  I'm going to go shower."
Frankie:  "Exactly how far are you going to go?  Salem, Pennsylvania, Europe?"
Me:  "What is your problem?"  "I'm going to have a shower."
Frankie:  "What kind?"  "Bridal?"  Baby?"
Me: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.  What the heck do you want from me?"
Frankie:  "I'm teaching you a lesson."  This chick is in her glory, smug little ass lass that she is.
Me:  "Yeah, what kind?"
Frankie:  (Deep sigh---with resignation)  "I think you and your stupid Muse are rubbing off on me.  Remember your conversation with her the other day, about writers using 'unnecessary' words, and how to 'tighten up' sentences?  Well, you have no idea how much YOU do that when you talk.  So, I'm teaching you a lesson.  Tighten up sister, sister, tighten up.  You do not take, get, go or have a shower.  You are simply, going to shower.



Me:  "Ouch!"  (That hurt.)

No comments:

Post a Comment