Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Scream 3

A couple of weeks ago I had a nightmare.  I don't like nightmares, how are we supposed to know what to be afraid of if we can't remember the dream...I'd really  like to know the monster.

Anyway, there have now been three times in my life that (in my dream) I scream loud enough to wake myself up.  I hate when that happens.  It is very disconcerting.  And, my reaction to each of these nightmares is...I start to giggle.  I try to stop it before it starts, but I have no control over this, and I roll from side to side in uncontrollable laughter.

I get myself to stop, for a second, but the absurdity of this whole thing makes me laugh even harder.   Oh no, I'm starting to giggle now...not good.

I mean, it's usually every early morning when these events happen, and I sleep with a window slightly ajar, I start to imagine the neighbors sending for the men in white coats.  Stop, I tell myself, I do, but this is followed by another fit of laughter.

This was the first time Frankie and Zorro witnessed my 'fit', and both are greatly concerned.  Zorro, emerged from under the blankets, and had his tiny face (literally) right next to mine, his eyes imploring I gain control.  Of course, this only throws me into another round of laughter.

Frankie, who had come into the room robe in hand, is concerned and tells me if I don't stop she's going to throw cold water on me...more laughter.

Eventually, I do gain control, and while I reassure Zorro with lots of loving, Frankie sits on the edge of the bed while I try to explain what happened.  I'm not sure she believed me.

Frankie:  Well, just don't ever do that again, you scared me.
Me:  Imagine how I felt, something scared me, too.
Frankie:  Does this happen often?
Me:  No, thank goodness.
Frankie: ...I don't think I can go back to sleep.
Me:  "Once upon a time, there were three bears...

No comments:

Post a Comment