Saturday, May 19, 2012

It's the little things

When I got my new computer and printer/scanner, not long before I got Zorro.  There was a problem.  He was frightened of the sound of the printer.  The scanner noises didn't bother him at all, but every time I used the printer (which I do a lot) it would send him scampering from the office.

Since I'm considerably 'slow on the switch' it took my until a few weeks ago that I might be able to bribe him with kibble to come to understand the printer would not attack him.  As a result he has put on a few pounds and I realized he was going to waste away to a ton if I could not come up with another plan.

So...again, slow on the switch, it occurred to me I had never done maintenance on my printer/scanner and decided yesterday was the day to do that.  I'm going down the check list, cleaning, clearing, etc, etc.  I come across a statement that says (How to put your printer on silent mode).  What?  What?  WHAT?  'Silent mode for work you need to have printed at night'.  You have got to be kidding me!!!!!!  This can't be right.

I click the little square box to turn on 'quite mode' deciding to give it shot.  I never heard of such a thing and I'm convinced it isn't going to work, much less keep Zorro from going bonkers.  (Now when he hears the printer he comes zooming into the room for a treat.  Bad Sandra, bad Sandra.)

Ready, set, go!  CLICK.  The printer starts to do its thing.

No Zorro.

The printing job ends.

No Zorro.

Ohhhh, my...gosh!

All I have to do now is try a print job with him in the room when I start.  That happened a short time later.
He's napping in his office bed.  I click print.  He is aware the printer has started and gets up looking for kibble.  I don't give him any, he's confused.  I pat his little head while the printer completed its job.  I print some more, no kibble, no disturbing noise and he loses interest.

Un-be-lieve-a-bull!!!!!

We will see how it goes today, but I think I've solved the printer problem.  See what I mean about being slow on the switch?   Sure wish technical stuff came with hard copy instructions like they used to I could have saved myself months, and months of pondering, and Zorro pounds, and pounds of weight.

Sigh.


No comments:

Post a Comment