Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Thankfulness

So, here I am, stunned, numb, unbelieving.

My guy didn't win, but I didn't expect him to, because I didn't vote for either one of the two front runners.

I felt neither has a clue how to bring the country back from the precipice.  They both made promises they know they cannot keep, and considering all rhetoric they fed us to convince us they are going to 'do what is best for us' it certainly won't take much for them to send it into the depths of ruin.  For all intents and purposes, I guess we, the American populace, have already been pushed off the ledge, we are hanging by our fingernails.  Are either of them going to pull us up...I don't think so, and unfortunately, I don't see anyone else eager to lend a helping hand either.

Frankly, I'm scared, because I never thought the country I have always loved, honored, respected and even would have taken up arms to protect...(if push came to shove)... and fight off the enemy.  I'm scared, because now I don't know the enemy, I sense it's a cancer, growing...quietly, painlessly, stealth-fully, craft-fully, invading the very heart and soul of this once grand and glorious country.

I know I've read over the years that most governments last on average 200 years.  We reached that mark in 1976, and I think you will have to agree that year pretty much marked the start of our downward spiral.  (We're on borrowed time my friends, borrowed time.)  Corruption, Greed, Crime, Apathy, Distrust, Blame have been tossed into a cauldron and what is coming to a stew is the destruction of America.

Is it too late to change the course of events?  I wish I could say no, it isn't, but as is written in the Book of Daniel, the hand writing is on the wall, so that even if we could read and understand the words, the prophecy has all ready come to pass.

So you are probably wondering what all this has to do with my being thankful.  Well...

I'm thankful I got to grow up in an America that was respected round the world.
I'm thankful I still have the right to worship as I please.
I'm thankful I still have the freedom of speech, and to write without fear of repercussions.
I'm thankful I still have the right to vote.
I'm thankful for Medicare, and Social Security.
I'm thankful I can cross borders into all 50 states without having to prove who I am.
I'm thankful I can recite the Pledge of Allegiance, the Lord's Prayer, and sing the National Anthem.
I'm thankful for books, newspapers, television, radio that allow me to know what is going on around the world.
I'm thankful for our system of government, flawed though it may be.

Yes, I am still thankful for many things...but now that you have read my list, I want you to contemplate how delicate and fragile these things really are.  We can so easily lose each and every one of them.  We had better hang on tight to the ledge, I for one, can't even see the bottom of the abyss, so I know the fall is going to be long, and very, very painful.  All my thankful's will not be there to prevent the scratches, bruises, and abrasions I get hitting the cliff as I tumble downward.

Maybe you should make a list of thankful's also, and put them in a pocket of your heart.  Let's promise to look at our lists every day.

Oh, and let's pray, and pray, and pray for our wounded country.

Finally,

MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS AMERICA.



No comments:

Post a Comment