Friday, November 9, 2012

Thankfulness

Thankfulness should not be bantered about willy-nilly, and I've been putting a lot of thought into mine since I began this project.  I am aware some of you...assuming there are still some of you reading my blog...are thinking my thankful's are silly-willy, or even down right ridiculous.  I guess maybe they are.

Believe me I am thankful for every 'thing' and everybody in my life.  I'm thankful for family and friends, good health...such as it is, a roof over my head, a tiny bit of money in my pocketbook, food on my table (especially Oyster Crackers--much to Frankie's dismay), a song in my heart, and peace in my soul.  I think we have to agree everybody has these same thankful's.  Trust me, I am very, very thankful for all of the above.

But, I'm also thankful for so much more.  Like, Frankie.  She came into my life most unexpectedly.  I think I've told the story before somewhere in my blogging.  If you don't remember I will elucidate, I had mistakenly taken a posting on Facebook from someone I thought was a man, to find out to my great embarrassment, the posting was from a woman, with a gentleman's nickname.

What fun I thought, I want one...and I set about having a contest on Facebook asking for suggestions what would be a good male nickname for me.  My sister suggested Frankie...and it stuck...and Frankie was suppose to be my male nickname.

With a funny twist of fate, Frankie took life...she became my alter ego, yin to my yang, common sense in the midst of my daily turmoil.  She has become my best-est friend and confidant.    Oh, the fun we have.  And the best part is anything that goes 'a-rye' I can put the blame on her.  I kind of wish she had come into my life much sooner than she did.  However, I am filled to the brim with thankfulness she is here now.

That being said, I'm hoping that all of you can find somebody like Frankie, who will come into your life and excite your imagination, give you courage to try something new, allow you to explore your inner child, share secrets, and wipe away your tears.

I'm filled the brim with thankfulness...for the people who opened my mind and heart to the possibility that an imaginary friend could bring me such fun, laughter and joy.

Thanks, Greg, Twila, Willie.  I am filled with thankfulness you brought Frankie into my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment