Saturday, January 26, 2013

2-fer



Not so long ago I posted on Facebook I had fixed myself some ketchup toast for breakfast, and several people posted other unusual types of toast and sandwiches they liked.

And, as you know I posted here, earlier today, my horrible experience with peanut butter, apple sauce toast that I thought would be good to have for breakfast.

I just want you to know I have redeemed myself.

Still hungry, I went back to my ill-stocked refrigerator.  Remember I said it was loaded with condiments?

On Facebook some of the responses I got for sandwich ideas were, baked bean and mustard.  Well, I am to lazy today to open a can of beans, but I do have a lovely, spicy, dark yellow mustard in stock.  So, I prepared two new pieces of rye toast, blended the mustard with my cheap, bulk size ketchup, and smeared the mixture across the top of each piece of toast.

I gotta' say, it is not to bad....
redemption is in the taste buds of the be-eater,
and beauty in the eye of the beholder.

Yummm.

No comments:

Post a Comment