Friday, January 11, 2013

Under the weather

If you happen to be a friend on Facebook.  You know I've been under the weather for a month now.  I've been blaming 'the flu shot', lots of holiday visitors, the general public, everything and everybody under the sun.  Frankly, I don't know why I'm not a hundred percent.

Maybe it's the winter.

Maybe it's all in my head.

Maybe I simply just have to stop thinking about it.

It is certainly a malady I can't put my finger on.  No, I don't need to go to a doctor,  yes, I am taking my prescribed medications, and my daily vitamins.

No, I'm not getting enough sleep, but that's my fault, because I have learned I'm a night person and do my best thinking and can accomplish much more after 10PM than any other time of the day.  During the day my mind is cluttered with everything I must do, I spend the mornings at work, so that I have to dash around in the afternoon trying to accomplish chores.  Since I can only think and DO one thing at a time now I find I
a.) start a chore,
b.) get side tracked,
c.) walk into a room and find a job half done,
d.) complete that task,
e.) go back to the room from which I had come, and
f.) find a job half done there.

That, friends, is how my days go.  Eventually I accomplish all the chores, and after watching three or four hours of evening TV I should toddle off to bed.  But, at last my mind is clear of clutter, and I can really get some work done.  My computer and I buzz and hum for hours. I pump out work a human possessed.

I've found my mind is so clear at night I can do my Lumosity challenges with lightening speed.  My BPI has jumped from 171 to almost 800 in the matter of two months...hey, that's just about the time I began to feel under the weather.  Do you suppose there is a correlation?

Maybe, I should
a.) eat proper meals
b.) exercise
c.) get plenty of rest
d.) stop complaining and whining
e.) enjoy life
f.) take two aspirin and call a friend every day.

I hereby vow I will not blame the flu shot, nor visitors, not the public in general, nor anything or anybody else for how I feel.   We are all in charge of our own destinies, so from today on it's gonna' be mind over matter, baby, mind over matter.




1 comment:

  1. Well. It is my mind that gets me into trouble in the first place. Damn brain!!!! Feel better.

    ReplyDelete