Monday, January 21, 2013

It had just better...

warm up!

I don't want to complain, but I'm going to.

The cold is making me nuts.  Oh sure, it is beautiful out, but  every morning everything is covered with frost, and for the patches that don't get sunshine all day, the frost is building up.  The neighborhood looks weird, everybody has these odd patches of frost decorating their afternoon lawns.  Some come to abrupt but straight angles, while others are long, strangely pointed triangles.  I just want them all to go away.

Yesterday my adopted son posted on Facebook the comment "Have you lost your Vulcan mind?"  (I don't know if he had just read my blog or not.)  It was not directed at anybody in particular, but I have to believe he had me in mind.  I'm not offended.  Cause, there are times I think I have...lost my mind...like now...because I'm sure the cold has given parts of my brain frost bite.  That has got to have caused some kind of 'mind' damage.

And, take for instance yesterday's blog...when I was certain I had an eight foot giant in my kitchen. Would a person of normal mind envision something like that?  Oh yes, I've no doubt my Vulcan mind is slipping away.  I do blame it all on the cold.

1.  Did I mention it's cold.
2.  I've only imaginary friends
3.  I converse with them.
4.  I'm out of booze
5.  I've seen so many murder/mystery shows I think I could commit the perfect crime.
6.  I'm wearing so many layers of clothing, if I fall over, all I will be able to do is roll
     around on the floor till spring.
7.  I've been quite ill with cabin fever, I swear my rooms are getting smaller by the day.
8.  It's cold

Yes, those are all good reasons to believe I am indeed losing my Vulcan mind.

Bless his heart though, my son, when I asked if he was 'talking 'bout me' was a bit evasive, and simply replied "If the shoe fits."

Well my dear boy...it does...it pinches a bit...but it does fit.  As I mentioned on Facebook this morning.  I am however in good company...it's me and Mr. Spock, baby, me and Mr. Spock.

1 comment: