Tuesday, January 22, 2013

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzip

-pa-dee-do-da.

What a grand and glorious day.  I'm working on very little sleep, Valentine's Day is fast approaching, and my ole' adrenaline is a pumpin'.  I was up past two AM this morning working on designs for cards.

I awoke at 5:50 and almost got out of bed to start work, and I think I would have but Zorro and I had created a lovely, warm nest under the blankets and neither of us wanted to put our tootsies on the cold floor.

So I drifted off to sleep.

Now, the creatures have been fed, I'm had my first mug of coffee and I'm raring to go, my engine is hummin'....brrrrrmmmm, brrrrrrmmmmm, brrrrrrrrmmmmmmm.

Creating is my life blood, I love working from a blank canvas and making something come alive through hues, textures, highlights, lines, forms and contrasts.  My computer is the perfect medium from which to work, everyday it offers me that canvas, and my imagination and fingers set each page ablaze.

I love my work, because it's not.

I forget to get dressed.  I forget to shower.  I forget to eat.

This morning reds, pinks, and whites are dancing round in my head.  There are hearts, and flowers, and cupids, and chocolates twirling and swirling, excited to become intricate footsteps from the waltz in my head to the blank page in Publisher.

Hurry, hurry says the muse on my shoulder, lest the images disappear.
 
So it is I must go.
Shuffle, slide, and dos-y-do.




No comments:

Post a Comment