Thursday, January 3, 2013

54...

...yes, it was 54 degrees in my house this morning.  54 degrees.

The wind...I was told at bedtime would cease to gust shortly after midnight.  I was glad to hear that, my house is not constructed to take extremes in temperature.

In the summer if the outside temperature reaches 90 by 5 pm, the inside of my  house has reached the same.  I'm not happy about that but I have some pretty good fans, a window air conditioner, and strip down to shorts and a tank top and can survive pretty well.

However, in the winter, if the temperatures stay in the high 20's low 30's for a few days, I simply cannot keep my house warm.  I could have the heat blasting all day and all night, but the wicked wind creeps in every nook and cranny it can find, laughing at my feeble attempts to stay warm.

My attire for the day---

Double pair of socks:  Check
Thermals:  Check
Sweat shirt and pants:  Check
Heavy hand crocheted vest:  Check
Hot coffee:  Check

Brrr, even the bright sunny sky is no help, it is too cold to open the drapes, and too wind-chill factor cold to be outside to enjoy it.  I feel so sorry for outdoor creatures, especially the tiny hummers, wrens, and sparrows.  Wish I could bring them inside.  No, wait...didn't I just get rid of a sun room full of birds?  What am I thinking.

Anyway, I do have to laugh...at the weather people...when they are wrong.  So sorry folks, the wind is still wind-ing.  They told me last night the clouds will be coming in later this afternoon with a chance of rain.  If the temperature rises, it might not be the freezing variety, guess it just depends on where the two weather patterns clash...hopefully not here.

If there is one weather pattern I dislike the most, it has to be an ice storm that brings down the power lines, that makes me lose power, that makes my house even colder, that makes me grumpy and very hard to live with.

So weather folks, all I really want it hear is that it's going to be 75 degrees, sunny, with a chance of as slight breeze every now and then.  I won't believe you, but it sounds so lovely.




No comments:

Post a Comment