Monday, January 14, 2013

Good laughs

I had company yesterday afternoon.  My granddaughter and her family came to visit.

There was much laughter, mediocre pizza...great disappointment national chain...and wonderful conversation ensued.

Did I mention there was much laughter?

Oh, yeah, there's a story coming.

A few years ago Dr. Scholls, the foot guy, was selling 'dance slippers'.  The idea being if you were at an affair, like a reception after a fancy wedding, you could take off your high-heeled shoes, and spend the evening dancing in these $10 slippers.  (He might still have them for sale, but I can't find a store that carries them.)

Anyway, I bought myself a pair.  Oh, they are so comfortable.  Definitely for indoor wear only, but that is why I bought them.  I love them.  They have worn out, but since I can't replace them, I continually repair the pair I have, thanks to electrical tape that matches perfectly, a little time and a little patience.  Did I mention I love them?

I just happened to have them on yesterday...they matched much better with my outfit than my bright red slippers.

I don't exactly remember what Tyson, Michelle and I were talking about, but Tyson happened to notice my footwear, and asked if they were indeed repaired.  Six eyes immediately went to my black, Dr. Scholls slippers.

I proudly held both feet up so we could see them well, and I showed off my electrical tape repair job.

(Insert giggles here.)

Tyson announced he would be happy to help me throw them away.

Oh, how we laughed.

I told him, no, there was till a lot of wear in them...or, words to that effect and when the electrical tape begins to fray again, I will simply pull the old tape off and apply new.

During the fits of laughter Michelle said, she thought eventually all that would be left of the slippers would be electrical tape...and the two bows that decorate the toes of the slippers, but that I would probably still be wearing them.

Of course I would, once a woman finds a perfect pair of footwear she will do anything to keep them,  especially since I can't seem to find a replacement anywhere.

Tyson said it would be a good challenge for Michelle to find me a new pair, and that just might be a good Christmas present for next year.

Good luck with that, sweetie pie...oh, and you don't have to wait for Christmas, okay?




1 comment:

  1. I hear ya. I finally gave up an old pair of UGG slippers. I wore them forever. Holes in the toes. Sad part is......I do have 2 more new pairs that I bought about 7 years ago. I finally brought a pair down and still.....I haven't worn them. I hope you find your slippers. Wouldn't hurt to conntact Dr. Scholls shoes. And I will keep mu eyes peeled. In fact, my husband is a retired electrician and maybe I can sneak some eletrical tape to you.

    ReplyDelete