Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Seek....

and you shall find.

Words to live by.  Yesterday's blog was about my slippers, my oft' repaired, silly looking, black dance slippers.  And how I could use a new pair, but have been unable to find them locally any more.

Well, thanks to my blog, and my loyal followers, my adopted granddaughter, Alyse, posted on Facebook shortly after reading my blog; she thought she had found my beloved footwear on Amazon (imagine you see trademark, copyright information here)***.

I'm sure I looked there at one point, and I did check the Dr. Scholl's website, too, but did not find them there, so, of course, I never did check back.  Assuming, once not there, never not there, I simply gave up. By now it didn't matter I couldn't find them anywhere, because I discovered that electrical tape was a perfect match for the tears and holes that appeared in my slippers, I had my own Shoe Repair Business up and running.

Alyse was pretty certain the slippers on Amazon*** were the ones I was looking for and God love her, even offered to order them for me.  I immediately had my fingers race across the Internet to check out this marvelous news.

DAAAA, DAAAA!!!!

Yep, there they were, my wonderful, wonderful slippers...on the cheap...two bucks cheaper than the ones I bought in the store.  What good news, I immediately...I'm talked fast, really, really fast. I clicked the quantity box for 2 pair and proceeded to checkout.

Oh my gosh.....
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
and

Unbelievably, to my delight, my account showed there was still money on the gift card I had received for Christmas from my son, Pat.  Just enough to pay for my new slippers, how cool is that?????

So today's blog goes out to Alyse and Pat with a great big thank you surrounded by a big bunch of hugs and kisses.

And, to Michelle and Tyson, that goes for both of you, too.  Cause, without all the good laughs we had over my electrical tape slippers, new ones would not be winging their way to me as I write.

Ahhh, life is good, life is good.


1 comment: